Thermal Imaging Surveys
Thermal Imaging Surveys
Thermal Imaging Surveys
What are Thermal Imaging Surveys
Thermal imaging surveys incorporate the use of an infrared camera to highlight areas of energy loss from a building. Regardless of the type of building, infrared thermography can provide remarkable information about construction details and building performance and also its defects.
What will Thermal Imaging Surveys highlight
A Thermal Imaging Survey may highlight the presence of :
- Missing, damaged or non-performing insulation
- Air Leakage, air infiltration and air exfiltration is unwanted air movement through a building. The problem can be as common as a failed weather seal or as complex as an air pathway through plumbing or electrical service installations. The leakage path is often complex and, without infrared, extremely difficult to identify and locate.
- Moisture intrusion. As building designs and techniques produce tighter thermal envelopes moisture (from leaks or condensation) have created more and more problems. When water enters through a small crack it is then trapped between building materials. Thermography can find traces of water invisible to the human eye.
- Condensation. This may be a cause of moisture intrusion. It is important to identify sources of air leakage that can transport moist air into the wall sections and cause condensation.
- Mould Growth and Health Issues. Mould, organic fumes or bacteria plays a significant role in a variety of health issues. Damp surfaces with inadequate air change rates provide the breeding grounds for mould spore to develop and grow.
The darker areas are the cold bridges and air movement passages. A well insulated wall or ceiling should display a uniform colour with little or no change in temperature
Housemartins can provide limited defect investigations from as little as £400 plus VAT.
For general building defect investigations we use the Flir E75. You are welcome to download the specification by clicking on the camera icon below.
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our clients are saying...
Thank you for the very thorough way you have conducted my homebuyers survey and for the helpful notes accompanying the report. This has brought about a satisfactory purchase arrangement, agreeable to both parties.
We made real headway with our dispute within a couple of days of Housemartins becoming involved.
Bill, East Sussex Flat Owner
Many thanks for your help and advice which I have found very helpful. I look forward in due course to working with you again.
Ms R, Bexhill
Thanks very much for your help and advice. We particularly appreciate the speed and efficiency of your service.
Thank you for your support yesterday, for all the work you have done, you were great!
Daphne, Company Director
Housemartins helped find the best solution and gave us honest and invaluable advice.
Just wanted to thank you both for the efficient process and great quality report – I will recommend you to my various friends who are currently house hunting too!
I just wanted to thank you for a great service you have provided. Highly recommended and wouldn’t hesitate to use you again.
We would like to thank you and the team for the great and very efficient service. We needed our house valuation completed urgently and you did just that. Definitely exceeded our expectations. Thanks for all the hard work.
I just wanted to thank you and your company for acting so quickly for us and we are very impressed with the way in which we have been communicated with and kept informed of what is going on and the professional and friendly way you do business. Thanks again and we will not hesitate to recommend you to our friends.
Trudy and Simon
A note to say many thanks to you for your excellent service and report.
I have written personally to Mr Gray to thank him for the speed and thoroughness of his report, and have been singing your firm’s praises ever since.
Thank you for being so reliable and helpful with my matters that you have been dealing with. Please also thank Melissa too, for her attention to detail and kind assistance.
We were very pleased to read John’s report. Please would you kindly pass on our thanks to him for all his help and the very informative and useful report. Many thanks to Housemartins for the firm’s kind attention.
Thank you for doing such a thorough job and taking the time out to discuss your findings with me.
Many thanks and appreciate all your efforts and time with this matter. I would have no issues with recommending both Lee and Housemartins to friends, work colleagues and family who may ever require a survey.
Paying you that £500 was the best £500 I have spent in a very very long time. I would not have recommended you and your company if I had thought any different. You are worth every single penny. Your level of professionalism was outstanding and has helped me with my freeholder struggles tremendously.